History of febrile seizures. Had febrile seizure during viral infection. Should Frisium dosage be increased?

Hi, My son had his first febrile seizure when he was 1yr 8 months+. It was almost 4 hrs after his food and the temperature was 103 F. At that time, only antipyretic drug had been used. However, after that we have been using frisium 5mg, half tablet once 12 hrs, whenever he has temperature higher than 100. He was fine till he crossed 3 yrs. Then had a febrile seizure once ( 30s) when fever crossing 103 F during a viral infection in October 2012 and once ( 20s) when fever crossing 104F during a tonsillitis in November 2012. Should I increase dosage of frisium? or should I add any medication? I am not considering regular or daily medication at this point. My son is 3 yrs and 3 months, weighing 13.2 Kgs. He doesn t have any other medical conditions. Please suggest appropriate solution for his febrile seizure condition. Thanks, nAni.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012