History of bronchiectasis. How should I avoid getting re-infected?

Hi i have bronchiectasis iam 20 yeas old my symptoms was very bad for 15 years( coughing with huge amount of phlegm and mucous) i tried B2 inhalers and steroid but nothing worked untill i tried quinolones then the symptoms became minor for one year( much less amount of white mucous) now i am afraid to become infected again so what should i do to avoid that,and should i keep on theophylline?? will i develop core pulmonale later??? my doctor said i should preform surgery if i become infected again at last i have a sort of chest pain that is caused by sudden movement last for few seconds then relief by that connected to my bronchiectasis???
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012