Hissing ear, post nasal drip and swollen glands with tonsils and adenoids removed

Just curious - Hissing ear and post nasal drip with swollen glands I ve had an ear ache off and on now for over a year, accompanied by swollen and sore glands. Also, most times I feel like I m producing too much mucus and one nostril or the other always seems to be stuffed up. My doc said he couldn t see anything in my ears and prescribed a zpack(?) but it made me too sick and gave me a rash so I stopped taking it. Well its been pretty mild, but recently I got a nasty bug that caused sweats and a high fever along with sore throat and I ve noticed my ear hissing a lot lately. Any ideas or should I just keep riding it out? I m 26 y/o female also and have had tonsils and adenoids removed plus used to have tubes in, if that s relevant.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011