High temperature, vomiting, . On ibuprofen. Done cold sponging. Sufficient?

Hi doctor.. My daughter(21months old) is having high temperature. She was having temp from this afternoon about 102degrees. I have her ibuprofen at 2:30PM and it dint reduce fully. it came down to 101degrees in the evening. i still took her to the doctor office. my pediatrician confirmed that she has viral fever and asked to continue medicine. now at 8:00PM she has been crying a lot since she has 104degrees. i gave medicine. she vomitted fully. then i dint cold sponging with cold water and gave medicine again. now she calmed down and slept. Is cold sponging fine? what i am doing is fine or you suggest me anything else???? please tell me... im lil nervous..
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013