High fasting sugar levels. Recovering from a cardiac catheterization, stents placed. How to lower the sugar level?

Hi, I just took my fasting prick and it was 122. Should I be alarmed? I am home recuperating from having a cardiac cath to place two stents after they successfully removed a clot froma blocked artery. I am now so nervous about eating anything! Last night I had a small piece of salmon, two small scallops and some brown rice. Then before bed I took the prescribed 500 mg Metformin. What should I do differently to help lower my blood sugar? Thank you..
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013