High cholesterol levels. Do not want to take medicines. Suggestions?

I recently had blood work done, CBC, lipids, and thyroid. I am 48 and going through menopause . Intake primerin, progesteroneand testosterone . They said all blood work was in normal range including triglycerides but my cholesterol was high. Total cholesterol was 252. HDL was 86. LDL was 146. My doctor wants me to come in and talk to him and begin medication. I hate taking medication and already take all the other I mentioned. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013