High cholesterol, healthy lifestyle and good BMI, suffered with chest pain below the heart radiating to the back. On medicines for cholesterol and acid reflux. Treatment required?

My husband is 47, healthy, active, exercises regularly, right at the right weight for his height and age. The last week he s had chest pain around and just below his heart that radiates to his back. He s a paramedic and did a 12 lead on himself at work yesterday and it was normal. Should he see a cardiologist? Could it be muscular? He does have high cholesterol and is on meds for it along with meds for acid reflux .
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012