High blood sugar levels suddenly after taking Asacol HD. Inter-related?

Is there any link between high blood sugar and Asacol HD? My husband has never had a high blood sugar reading, he took Asacol last year for three months and was just finishing another 3 months of Asacol HD (had 11 days left of prescription). He went in for a physical, had high blood sugar reading after fasting , had a fasting glusoce test (started with a 126 reading) that results came back that he is suddenly diabetic. The only change in the last year is the Asacol/Asacol HD. He is normal weight, gets regualr exercise, watches his diet . Dr. wanted to put him on insulin . We are not currently going that route. He has been off the Asacol since Thurs. night and his blood sugar numbers are going done. Could the Asacol HD been causing these high readings???? The Dr. at first was very skeptical because it isn t a listed side affect, but is willing to explore the possibility. Our Pharmasist found a link in a small percentage of people that have developed pancreaitis after taking Asacol HD. My husband is on no other meds and is 53 years old, non-smoker, social drinker. Thank you for any imput.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012