High blood pressure readings during check ups. Do I have while collar syndrome?

Hi I am afraid I have White collar Hypertension. I freak out the moment I see or have to take my Blood pressure readings. I am afraid of regular check ups too but somehow got one done a year back. The blood work came out fine but the bp readings were chaos. I get high readings when I take bp for the first time during the check ups. Later I managed to get a good bp monitor suggested by my doctor and still freak out on seeing the machine. However, I do get high readings when I check it myself in the beginning and after about 6-7 times I calm down and the readings come to 120/70 or may be even upto 116/72 etc. It never stays as high as the first time. It gradually comes down to good levels and when I get a few good readings I stop checking. Will be grateful if you advice. I do follow a 1 hour per day walking routine, watch my salt, try to lose the excess 20 lbs i am carrying and eat a great deal of veggies and fruits, both raw and cooked. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013