High BP, reducing sodium intake, eating healthier. On clonidine medication, BP normal. Can I stop medication?

Was just put on blood pressure medication and I am now doing all I can to come off of it. Reducing my sodium and eating healthier. I also plan to start exercising more. How do I know when to quit taking my blood pressure other words...when is my blood pressure to low. Do I need to wean off of my blood pressure medication...can I cut the pills in half once I see my blood pressure is staying down on a consistent basis? I do not currently have a doctor...I discovered this by going to the emergency room and they put me on Clonidine ... 0.1 mg tabs, once a day.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012