High BP, fluctuating highly. On atenolol, metoprolol. Done lung scan. What does this mean?

I am a 26 yo female was taking prazosin and atenolol for high bp (pih or pre e)have stopped the prazosin and reduced the atenolol to 25 mg for a week then 12.5mg for a week however I have been getting hr fluctuations sometimes as high as 120 resting, I spoke with my renal doc and he told me to take metoprolol tartrate 25mg twice daily my bp is back to normal and ive had heart ultrasound multiple ecg and 24hr holter as well as nuclear lung scan and renal ultrasound all tests come back normal should I take the metoprolol or not as my heart rate today is steady at 75-80bpm could the previous increases be due to reducing the atenolol?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013