Herpetic Whitlow and Shingles infection, no history of genital herpes, family member suffering from hives. Allergy related diseases?

I have both Herpetic Whitlow and Shingles , per the ER doctor. I understand that both are different Herpes viruses , however I ve never had genital herpes . Is it common to have both Shingles and Herpetic Whitlow at the same time? Also my seven year old is breaking out in hives that come and go regularly. We are going to the allergist Friday, the pediatrician thinks we have something viral. What could that be? THANK YOU
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012