Herald patch followed by rash, diagnosed as pityoriasis rosea, increased on using lamisil. Chance of wrong diagnosis?

Hi, I am a 20 year old girl and have had what seems like a herald patch for a few months, and then a small reddish/orange oval-shaped rash developed 10 days ago. this past thursday I had 3 more, and by friday i had more than 10. Saturday afternoon my entire torso was covered in them. I asked my friends father- a pediatrician- what he thought, and he said pityoriasis rosea. He told me to get anti- fungal cream (lamisil) and then check again in a week. In the meantime, the herald patch got twice as big and redder than it was for the past few months, and now burns when I put the cream on. Is there a chance it isn t rosea? It is still travelling along my neck , now my arms, and my rib-cage and slowly back are getting covered.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012