Hemorrhoid size decreasing with medicine, have open wound at the bottom of anus, slight bloody discharge. Tips to fix on own?

I woke up one day with an odd and itchy feeling at my and area I went to look and check with a mirror and realized it was a hemorroid. So I took the measures to clean thoroughly an dry the area and out preparation h cream to the site week later itchiness started to ease and size of hemorroid decreasing now I am left with an open wound not deep or anything but its at the bottom of my anus size of a pea. It had slight bloody discharge and clear in small amount. I have no pain when having a bowel movement just paint at the touch of site. Is there anything I could do on my own to fix it or should I go to doctor for further treatments.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013