Hematoma below knee has become warm and hard. Is this indicative of an infection ?

Hematoma below knee has become warm and hard (1 month in) About a month ago I was extensively bruised from my knee to my toes. A week after the incident a hematoma formed below my knee and became numb (I went to the hospital, no blood clots were found). The original lump was rounded and could be pushed, in the past couple of weeks the size has decreased and become lumpy and very hard. Although there was no bruising around the hematoma the bruising received from the incident around the leg and foot has diminished considerably today. My worry is that the hematoma is no longer changing and is now considerably warm to the touch in comparison to my other leg. Is this indicative of an infection? Could standing for ten hours at a time be bad for the hematoma or be responsible for the lack of decreasing size or recently realized warmth?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011