Heightened sense of smell, have lung cancer, done chemotherapy and radiotherapy

hello, my sense of smell is heightened. I can smell cigarette smoke in my house although I have not smoked for nearly five years.. I cannot bear the smell of fabric conditioners. I mentioned this to my doctor about three years ago to negative response. Earlier this year I was diagnosed with lung cancer (not smoking related) and have finished both chemo and radiation treatment. I will see the oncologist in two weeks time ... but .. was just oddly curious.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012