Heavy menstrual flow lasting longer than usual, dark brown bleeding, had taken i-pill. Normal?

Iam 22 years old. I have lost my virginity with my boyfriend on may 23rd night.i took an ipill on 25th mng. I didnt have any vaginal bleeding or any other side effects except body pains. i got my periods on june 1st as usual..and bleeding was heavy as normal for the first 4-5 days. after that,from the 6th day, bleeding flow totally changed.the blood is dark brown in colour now and flow is greatly reduced(only a very little bleeding). and also today is the 9th day and it didnt stop still. iam worried. Is it normal to happen like this?or what bleeding is this?is it the period continuing or anything else?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
The bleeding you are having now is likely to be due to an old bleeding inside the uterine cavity. The bleeding you are having is not abnmormal and is likely to stop after few days. Just wait and watch it stop spontaneously.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal