Heavy dandruff, severe hair loss, itchy and dry scalp. Advice to overcome this?

Hi Doctor, I m a female, 25 years from India. I have severe dandruff which results in heavy hair loss . Its not itchy, but scalp gets very dry by the end of day after hair wash and days continued by it. Flakes fall when i brush my hair. I comb my hair everyday twice and come across huge hair loss. I m a vegetarian by diet . A friend suggested me to use coal tar shampoo. I used Novale-CT solution which contains 4% coal tar and 2% Ketoconazale just once and discontinued, as i was quite shocked by the side effects of coal tar (random info from the internet). Please suggest how to treat my scalp and your advice on continuing coal tar solution.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012