Heavy bleeding, severe pain. History of ectopic pregnancy, laparoscopy. What could the cause be?

I am a 44 year old female called Catherine. Before having my daughter 13 years ago I had very irregular periods. At the age of 21 I had an ectopic pregnancy . Then aged 24 due to lack of periods I had a laparoscopic. I was told my reproductive organs where a mess and was offered an hysterectomy . Luckily I refused as I would not have my wonderful daughter. Since having my daughter( Molly) my periods have due very regular 28 day cycle, very light, very little pain and over within two to three days. For the past 12 months my periods have been very painful, heavy and very irregular , for example started a period on 24/12/12, heavy for 5 days in pain for three. Then started bleeding only when wiping on 12/0113, in lots of pain the started very heavy on 14/0113 still lots of pain. In December of last year I had a full blood count, normal, ( my GP thought I was on the change) today I have had a vaginal ultra sound this showed nothing. What could be the problem or what do I do now? Thank you so much for your time, a very feed up lady Catherine Roebuck
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013