Heavy bleeding for extended period with huge clogs. What is happening?

II have heavy periods every month, but during them i always seems to bleed heavy and for a week in a half for the past two months i have had blood clogs about a inch wide and the length of my pinky, i had my period as normally last month but after it is seemed like jumping in my stomach but this month my period came as regular but i still have these huge blood clogs every time i use three rest room theres at least two or more what s happening?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Please get an evaluation for irregular and heavy cycles.
You might be having PCOD.
Get an internal exam, a pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone.
Reduce your weight if overweight.
Avoid stress.