Heavy bleeding during menses. US showed bright spot in endometrial. What could it be?

I have been having VERY heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles, so my doctor ordered blood work (all normal), and an ultra sound . The ultrasound tech did a regular and a transvaginal ultrasound . After the ultrasound, I asked if everything looked normal. She replied that she would have the doctor look at it because she saw a bright spot in the endometrial . Other than cancer, what could it be? I am 33, overweight, PCOS, and my grandmother had uterine cancer , so I know where my odds are leaning, but I d like to know that there is something more common that it might be. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013