Heavy bleeding. Was said evidence of a bulky uterus with anterior myometrial uterine fibroid. What does it mean?u

Hai, my mom age is 43 years old,she is having heavy bleeding.Doctors said like "Evidence of a bulky uterus with an anterior myometrial uterine fibroid".What does it mean?Suggest the way that is to be followed.... The doctors said they will remove uterus.Is it d only solution,or any other solutions are there? Please suggest me the best way for my mom...... I will be waiting for your reply......
Thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013