Heaviness in lung, hurting throat, dry cough, odd taste in my mouth

I work with old windows and door frames I upcycle them. recently I have been doing a lot of sanding on some particularly old windows I am uncertain if they have had lead paint on them. Since I have worked with them my lungs have been heavy and my throat is hurting I have a dry cough and an odd taste in my mouth that will not go away even with very good dental high- gene . Should I be concerned, could my symptoms be from potential contaminants in the paint?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012