Heavily pregnant, c-section scheduled. NST good. Spotting, cramps in lower abdomen. Hospital visit required?

I am 37 weeks pregnant. I am schedualed for a csection in 14 days. I have been spotting for about a week. I seen my obgyn yesturday and had a NST with good results. Since then the bleeding has slightly increased and become like a mucus . I am having cramps in the lower abdomen every 5 to 6 minutes. I get light headed and dizzy when I stand up. Should I go to the hospital?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query, Its a serious issue, please rush to the hospital, because I feel you are in pre-labour , get yourself checked. But you have not mentioned why C-section?
Hope I answered your question, Kindly reply me if you have any further queries or any comments. I will be very happy to help you.
Dr Arif

OBGYN Dr. Nilofer AR's  Response
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Your symptoms of slight bleeding with mucus suggests show.
You are in your latent phase of labor.
Keep a check on fetal movements.
Once you experience pain in abdomen every 15 minutes, or leaking/ bleeding per vagina, you need to go to hospital immediately.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer