Heartburn, bloating, backpain. On medication for acid reflux. Suggest

I'm 58 female and do take meds for acid reflux in the stomach. The last two weeks it has risen up to very bad heartburn. My dr's office suggested I up the dosage of two pills a day of protonix with a few tablespoons of mylanta throughout the day for one week, inwhich if it feels better or not let them know and they will follow with a endoscopy visit. The other symptom that I question is why does my upper back hurt after a few hours of work. I was told this was stress. I did at one point think I was having a heart attack which of course caused high anxiety. I feel better today but my stomach is bloated feeling.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013