Heart stopped while placing catheter to drain CSF, surgery for infection, ventriculostomy, caused due to blow in front and back of head. Reason?

during surgery when placing a catheter to drain CSF (for the 3rd time now) my boyfriends heart stopped. What caused this? (he also had a surgery which they called operative exploration for an infection that some how went undetected and was released from hospital only to return and need that operative exploration 18 hrs later). He went in for his 3rd ventriculostomy about 2 days later. This was all caused by a major blow to the front and back of his head.
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012