Heart patient, colonoscopy showed benign polyps. History of blood transfusion in the past. Could leaky valve be causing this?

My husband, a heart patient, was recently hospitalized with,dizziness, signs of blood in his stool, a very low hemoglobin (7.5) and very low blood pressure (usually he has very high blood pressure and is on several meds for it). They transfused him with two units of blood (his hemoglobin had gone down to 7.2) and were able to bring it back up to 9.5 (still low). He had a colonoscopy in March of this year and all they found were three or four very small, benign polyps. The gastroenterologist did an endoscopy Saturday and could not find anything. He is supposed to do a camera swallow test to check the small intestine . My question is this: Is it possible that the heart valve which was not leaking enough to warrant surgery several months ago could be leaking more and be the cause of these symptoms? I don t know why this is not something that is being considered, especially since he has no abdominal pain at all.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012