Heart flutters, skipped beats, high heart rate after stopping alcohol and drugs. On metroprolol. Will I recover?

Hi I am a 24 year old male. I used to have a bad drug problem for about 5 years, but have not had drugs or alcohol for about 6 months.. I have been getting chest pains quite bad for about a year every day. Aswell as heart flutters and skipped beats, sometimes a few in a row. My heart rate is really fast most of the time sometimes as high as 170bpm. I just don t feel right and havent for a while now. I have seen a cardiologist and the tests didn t come up with anything. He has put me on metoprolol for the heart rate. I am thinking all the drugs has done some damage and it s affecting my every day life. I feel wrong inside and it s quiet scary just wanted another opinion
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012