Hearing impairment, get weird sounds in head. Prescribed Oticon-Gapro-PdBte. Is it efficient?

My mother has been advised OTICON hearing aid? My mother is 77 years old. She is having hearing loss . She also complains of sounds in her head. She listens sound as such a train is passing nearby. She is diagnosed as suffering from BILATERAL MODERATELY SEVERE SENSORINURAL HEARING LOSS Her test readings are 0.62ml, 0.47mlcomp, 3dapa, preps, 270dapagrad, A type for Right Ear and for left Ear it is 0.60 ml , 0.09ml, 3 dapa 170 dapa, As type. Her speech Audiometry for Right Ear is noted as 60 dbhl and for left it is 68.3 dbhl.. What does it mean. The techcician of NIHH, prescribed hearing aid of OTICON-GAPRO-PDBTE , costing Rs 0000 for each ear. Whether the hearing aid prescribed is of good quality and whether it will function good.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012