Having symptoms of hypothyroidism. TSH test negative. How to get the extensive testing done?

I have many many symptoms of hypothyroidism (which many nurses and doctors have suggested I might have for years) which are too numerous to get into, but the only test they will do is the TSH test which they said was negative but another doctor told me I needed more extensive testing to make sure as it seems like the only thing that could be wrong with me. How do I ask a doctor to give me more extensive testing without them getting defensive and angry? I don t have insurance so I can t see an endocrinologist and I m very frustrated because I don t know what to do! Please help, thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012