Having sore throat. Tried cough syrup. Recovered strep throat. Treatment?

Hi! Over the past 17 hours, my throat at the beginning (when I first started noticing symptoms) was like producing a lot of saliva . But that was last night, around eleven. Now my throat is feeling very scratchy. I was drinking juice around lunch time and it really hurt to drink it. I have had several cough drops throughout the day, but I don t feel better. My friend has just recently recovered from strep throat , and she told me that she was taking medicine, so it wasn t contagious. I have been hanging out with her a lot, and I am wondering if I have strep throat or just a common sore throat . I have searched several different things on the internet, but I have not been successful with what I have found. Please tell me what it wrong with my throat! Thanks! :)
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013