Having severe dry cough. On non veg diet and caffeine content. What are the risks?

For over 10 years now my son has been taking only mutton or chicken and no vegetable for his meals along with aerated water I.e coke/ Thums up with caffeine content. Can this meal habit result in allergic reaction in the form of severe dry cough which he has been having now and also had twice in the past 5 years.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
thank you for the inquiry.

His immunity level will be very low, so that he will get allergies and infections easy.

compel him to add more vegetable and fruits instead of only protein diet.

may be he need to take some medicines also. consult your near by physician