Having severe cough, noise in upper chest, head congestion. Taking breathing treatment. Treatment?

I went to the DR Monday with severe coughing and noise in my upper chest, also head congestion. They gave me a breathing treatment, Azithromycin Tablets, USP regime, which I am still taking. Also an inhaler , Ventolin ?. I also am using cheratussin cough medicine . Of course when I lie down it gets worse. I have coughed so much that my stomach muscles at the bottom of the rib cage and been strained. Today when I have one of the coughing spells there is a sharp pain (like a knife) under my right breast beneath my ribs. I had a liver transplant Nov 2008, and have not had any trouble to this date. Could I have done something to my liver or would be most likely be just a pulled muscle in that rib area? If I need an appointment, should I make it with my PCP or the transplant clinic 125 miles away? my email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013