Having ringing in ear, headache. Given prednisone 10mg. Is there any side effect?

I was on 44 10 mg of prednisone for a ringing of the ear . An MRI was taken and was negative . The buzzing disappeared for 4 or 5 days . In the mean time I had gum surgery right before I finish the prednisone . My orthodontist was notified and did not prescribe any antibiotic due to the fact that I am on prednisone still. Unfortunately, the buzzing and headaches came back pretty bad. Is that due to side effects of the prednisone or what can be done?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013