Welcome to HCM
She is not taking any interest in sex, even she is married for 8 month and she has some phobic type of reaction towards intercourse.
Most likely there is some underlying anxiety
and conflict in her towards sexual intercourse. It might happen due to a number of reasons-
- Beliefs about sexual intercourse learned in young age are one of most important factors. Lack of proper sexual education results in wrong beliefs about sexual intercourse and it ultimately reflects as phobic reaction to sex, severe anxiety prior to sex.
- Secondly history of some trauma in earlier life may reflect later in form of severe anxiety. A lot of people with phobic reaction to sexual intercourse, history of trauma found.
Best thing that can be done is-
- reassure her, properly psycho educate her regarding sexual intercourse, try to assess the beliefs of her about sex.
- Ask her to progress in small steps. Make small targets daily like first of all engage in a good foreplay without penetration, later progress to next step.
- Yoga meditation
will also help.
- Take gyanec opinion to rule out any gynecology opinion.
- Visit a good psychiatrist
if no improvement.