Having pain in my left breast

I just have a quick question. Recently I have been having pain in my left breast and was wondering why. I haven't hurt myself or anything of that nature. I was hoping I can get an idea as to why it might be happening. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 2 Dec 2009
Apart from trauma, the most common cause for pain in one breast is either infection or fibroadenosis.We would also like to know when the pain increases and does it have any relation to your period.We suggest that you feel and examine your breasts thoroughly. If you feel a single lump or multiple nodular swellings get a check up by a doctor.