Having light bleeding, brown discharge during periods. Reason?

My last period was on january 15th, it had been coming on the 18th of every month up until last month. This past saturday, i noticed that my underwear had blood in them. Enough to saturate a panty liner but not a pad. Ive been having bleeding , not light but not as heavy as a normal cycle ...some moments its brown and some its bright red. It is stressing me out, but not sure what to make of it...
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am and welcome.

It would have greatly helped to know your age and sexual status because age would help in the consideration or rulingout of a possible menopausal relsted condition and sexual status would have helped in the consideration or ruling out of a possible sexually transmitted cause. The only other cause to be considered either way is a hormonal one, for this a blood investigation would suffice. Ot wuld be best to visit your doctor or write back to me with more elaborate details.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.