Having left side

i am having a head ache and pain in left eye ............
Asked On : Sat, 15 May 2010
it may be miagraine
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Periorbital pain for no other apparent reason is a classic sign of migraine. Take naproxen 500 as sos basis. U should do fine

have a healthy living
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello chetan;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pain in or over the eye can be due to various reasons like problems in vision(refraction error);fullness of the sinuses;migraine etc .Since your eye examination shows it is normal i guess you should take a painkiller for relief of pain and then if it does not go then consult a doctor in person for examination and treatment.
Thanks
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
Commonest cause of such pain is eye strain.This then becomes a life style managamant problem.Since you have already been examined by doctor and no significant problem was detected,proper nutretion,exercise and work management will help you
Psychiatrist Dr. Alok Ranjan's  Response
PAIN IN ONE EYE ALONE IS GENERALLY RELATED WITH EITHER SOME IRRITANTS WHICH MAY BE VERY MINUTE LIKE DUST PARTICLES.
IT MIGHT BE ASSOCIATED WITH STARTING PHASE OF VIRAL CONJUCTIVITIS WHICH INVOLVE BOTH EYES LATER.
HEADACHE IS GENERALLY ASSOCIATED WITH ORBITAL PAIN.WASH YOUR EYES IN TAP WATER FREQUENTLY,ANY SIMPLE ANALGESIC SHOULS RESOLVE THE PAIN.PREDNISOLONE OR DEXAMEHTASONE EYE DROPS SHOULD YIELD PROMT RELIF.

hello
Pain in one can be because of some evolving swelling,foreign body ,refractive astigmatism
Consult any eye doctor as soon as posssible.
by