Having huge bruise on lower back, numb feeling. Infrared heating pad? Remedy?

Hi, I am a 51 year old female that is fairly active. Six days ago I got bucked off a horse. I ride alot and this is only the second time I have been bucked off. This little horse got some air and I hit the hard ground on my right lower back. I was dizzy for a few hours, but no head issues exist.
I have a huge bruise on my lower right back. My hip and spine feel fine, other than muscle soreness I am able to move around good, all things considered. The middle of the bruise is numb feeling. There is tenderness below the numbness (deeper). For the most part the colorful bruise is not numb. The color is to the right and below the area that is numb.
My question is this: Will the area that is numb, lose the numb sensation? If so how long before I would expect to feel a change? Will this area get a colorful bruise? What kind of things should I be doing to treat this numbness? I have access to a infrared heating pad (Thermotex) is using this a good choice? What other complications whould I be watching for?
Thanks for your help.
Black&Blue in Buckeye
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013