Having breast tenderness, hurts and swollen, on Mirena IUD. IS this normal ?

Hello. I have been having breast tenderness for about a week and a half or so. I don t recall the last time I had my period, but I do have a Mirena IUD in that I ve had since April 2010, I believe. This is my second one and I haven t had any problems with either. I ve been told by my doctors that sometimes you will have it that you don t experience a period or even spotting after a while. However, my breasts hurt and feel swollen and they have for quite a while. Is this normal? I ve had breast tenderness before my period before, but not for this long. Could it be a possible sign of pregnancy? My husband s been out of town for two weeks and the last time we were intimate was the day before he left. Please let me know if I should get a home pregnancy test or if it s normal and I shouldn t worry about it.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013