Having abdominal pain, back pain, mucus present in toilet. Prescribed omeprazol. Reason for symptoms?

43 year old male. 5 foot 10, 168 pounds. I ve been experiencing vague and mobile abdominal pain (upper and lower, but mostly lower) and very occasional back pain for nearly 3 months, The first time it happened it was a very sudden sharp pain in centre upper abdomen which occurred directly after eating, but since then it has been less intense and not necessarily induced by eating. Sonograph results showed nothing unusual. no weight loss , no change in toilet habits but small amount of mucus sometimes present. doctor prescribed Omeprazol but no change. I ve not had any other scans done yet. Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013