Have xanthoma on both eyes upper, lower lids, getting bigger, high cholesterol. Will it disappear by itself if i take care of what i eat?

I have xanthoma on both eyes upper and lower lids. It seems to be getting bigger and bigger each time. I do know i have high cholestrol but have not checked recently. I have removed it twice before and it has come again more agressively. I am contemplating doing laser treatment than the normal op that i had done before as it did leave some scars. What is causing this and what foods should i avoid? Also will it disappear by itself if i take care of what i eat?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013