Have type 2 Diabetic. Taking Levemir insulin and changed to Metformin. Experiencing hot and cold sweats. Is it due to change of tablet?

Hi Doc, I am a type 2 diabetic and just until recently I was on Levemir insulin and now have been put on Metformin due to financial troubles. All along I have been experiencing hot and cold night sweats and even drench in my night clothes. I am also on Tramadol for back pain. I take 8mg Gleimperide a day and two Metformin tablets twice a day. I do believe I taking too much. Thanks for your response.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013