Have thigh pain, dizziness. Have diabetes. Family history of BP. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, I am Pankaj, My Father (Age 63 years) is having diabetics since last 16years, But from last 3 months after my mom demise he is staying with me, and since then i am monitoring regularly with glucometer, his blood sugar level is not coming down from 200 in fasting even though we are keeping him on strict diet as he used to have these levels somewhere between 135-145. He is taking minimum 1 hr morning walk daily without fail. And he is taking medication( Glizid 30 , 2 in morning and one in evening, this dosage has been changed a month ago, earlier he was taking one tablet each in morning and evening) . One additional information is that his BP is normal 121/78. He is complaining all the time about the pain in left thigh and sometimes having the dizziness , i am suspect all these may be due to this increased level of diabetics. And he is always saying he is feeling very week as compared to old days. His Daily diet regime: 1. Wheat chapatti + green veg (No potato/no rice) +green Salad (Cucumber). 2. Fruits (Apple, Mausambi, Anaar). 3. Half a glass of skimmed milk twice a day (with supplement Horlicks lite and Protenix diabetics) 4. One Diavit plus capsule (Diabetic Supplement) daily before sleep in night. 5. Some dry grains (fried without oil) like Channa, Poha and Groundnut 6. Britannia Nutrichoice (oats) biscuits for diabetic person. 7. Sometimes Dry Fruits (Baddam, Akharot, Pista and Kaaju). 8. Sometime Milk Byproduct Raw Chenna (fresh raw panner). Genetic History: No body in his family was having diabetes; moreover his brother is having High BP. My mom was also having BP and blood Sugar, but now she is no more. Can you please suggest me further how i do take care of my father to keep him healthy? And please advice me on his diet, does i need to cut any of above or need to add any more, as i am very confused with this diet system as everybody is keep suggesting something. Thanks much in advance for your patience to review my case and much awaited you suggestion. Thanks Again, Pankaj Kumar, Hyderabad.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012