Have swollen glands. Tested positive for chlamydia. Why should i do an immune system test?

Hi, my son tested positive for chlamydia 6 months ago and was treated with antibiotics He has now been retested and the result was negative. Unfortunately he has developed chronic prostatitis as a result of the infection and has been finding life pretty miserable trying to manage The symptoms. His urologist has recommended he has a prostate massage under general anesthetic In the hope that it will help the blood circulation. My son has swollen glands on his groin on both sides And his urologist referred him to a general physician to get these checked out before he does this Procedure. My son had an HIV and hepatitis test both negative. The GP said that his bloods were fine But has suggested he do some further tests to check his immune system . Can you tell me what sort Of tests these might be? My son had a cycle accident in May this year and two days later was finding It difficult to urinate, he phoned doctor and doc said as long as there was no blood in urine he should Be fine. He is unsure whether the frequency of urinating is because of an injury maybe a stricture or the prostatitis. He is now waiting for an appointment for these further blood test and also a scan of His groin area. Will they be looking for cancer? Could the swollen glands be from the chlamydia infection even though he has noe tested negative? could they be from the prostatitis. I am a very worried mother.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012