Have swollen earlobes. Had gauged my ears. What should I do?

I had recently gauged my ears a few days ago. My earlobes are now very swollen and look as if im having an allergic reaction , in which im not since ive gauged before and nothing happened. My earlobes, a few hours ago, were perectly fine, but before i go to bed i usually clean them to prevent infection. I then noticed that my ears were getting a little swollen, but usually when you gauge your ears they tend to swell just a small amount. I then continued to watch my condition being concerned about them. They are now very swollen and i have no clue what i should do. Please help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013