Have sores and lumps on back of head and neck. What can be done?

i Keep having these sores and lumps on the back of my head just up from my neck and I was asked by my doctor if I had bumped my head as I had swollen glands, which I had he said my glands had become raised due to infection, which should go, they did seem to calm down but have flared up again, I changed my shampoo but seems to make no difference, if anything I,m very aware of it and it drives me mad especially if im concentrating I find im scratching and becomes very sore, especially when Im brushing my hair. Should I go back to the doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013