Have sore throat, bump in upper mouth, swelling. What could have caused this? What to do?

Okay. I woke up one morning and started eating a bunch of Jolly Ranchers and drinking tons of water. As the day went on my throat started getting sore. I also started noticing swelling on the left side of the roof of my mouth. As time went on my throat got better, but the roof of my mouth now has a huge bump which gets extremely sore when I eat. Can anybody tell me what could have caused this and what to do?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013