Have some hypo pigmentation on face. Not vitiligo. Why does skin dry?

Hi, I am African american and i have been having some hypo pigmentation on my face for the last four or five months. At first it started on my cheek bones right under my eyes. and now it appears to be spreading to the sided of my nose and checks, I went to two dermatologist and they both said that it was not Vitiligo , One used a woods lamp to confirm. However, since I went to see them it has become worse. I was prescribed an anti fungal cream, but it does not appear to be helping. I actually dries my skin out really bad. Is it possible that i was misdiagnosed. And if in fact it is a fungal infection how long does it take for anti fungal creams to work and normal pigmentation to come back.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012