Have single red, dry, flaky, patch of skin on top of foot. Fungus? What could be it?

I have a single red, dry, flaky, patch of skin on the top of my foot about the size of a dime not exactly between my toes but close. When I scratch it the skin there tears away easily leaving a raw exposed spot. I've had this spot for years but for some reason its aggravated right now. It doesn't look like athletes foot pictures that I've seen online. I would guess that its a fungus of some sort but I don't know for sure.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013